Bachelorette Party Ideas in D.C.
Lots of planning goes into creating a perfect bachelorette party or girls' weekend. As a bride, maid of honor or bridesmaid, you want to plan an unforgettable trip. Whether you're trying to decide where to go or already have your trip booked in D.C., you'll find there's plenty to do for everyone in the nation's capital. From sightseeing and history to hidden gems and good eats, D.C. offers a bit of everything.
Find inspiration for your trip in these bachelorette party ideas!
Bachelorette Ideas in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C., offers endless things to do for a memorable bachelorette weekend, whether you're seeking relaxation and good food or unique activities and cool photo opportunities. Consider adding these ideas to your D.C. bachelorette party itinerary:
Charter a Sailboat
If you're looking for a unique, scenic way to experience D.C., consider chartering a sailboat. Sailing from The Wharf down the Potomac River to Old Town Alexandria or National Harbor, you'll enjoy views along the water while the boat crew does all the hard work. The boat ride is about three hours long, and, depending on availability, you can schedule your cruise during the day or in the evening. The sailboat is equipped with life jackets, a bathroom and Bluetooth speakers for your use.
While this particular charter doesn't provide food, you are free to bring your own food, drinks and alcohol. Whether you pack a few snacks and beer or contract a caterer to deliver a bachelorette dinner D.C.-style, a floating picnic is sure to be a huge hit!
Dueling Piano Bar
Bobby McKey's Dueling Piano Bar is a lively spot, perfect for a bachelorette party. This music bar features two pianos facing each other on stage where two or more talented musicians will play requests from the audience back to back. Get the musicians to sing the bride's favorite song, and you'll be dancing the night away! When planning your trip, be sure to purchase tickets in advance, as this spot can fill up quickly. Consider their party packages to make your bride's night extra special.
The D.C. area is full of spas and opportunities for relaxation. Wedding planning is stressful, and a bachelorette spa day is a perfect chance to pamper the bride. Whether a full-body wrap, pedicure, scalp massage or blowout, help your bride reach ultimate relaxation before her big day. Many of the area's spas can serve you champagne, cocktails and even hors d'oeuvres. Sip, share stories and enjoy each others' company while getting pampered.
Brunch in D.C.
Whether you're looking for a fun way to kick off the day or are recovering from the night before, brunch is an essential stop on your bachelorette itinerary. D.C. offers numerous brunch spots, including Station 4 Restaurant and Lounge. If you want to start your day with drinks, consider the bottomless drinks special that includes a brunch entrée and as much as you can drink. Otherwise, choose from a menu of classic and specialty brunch items that will fuel you for the day ahead.
H Street Activities
H Street in D.C. is full of restaurants, bars, shops and events that can make for an entire day of activities. There's something for everyone here, so you're sure to find something for your entire crew to enjoy. Here are a few of H Street's popular spots worth checking out:
- Rock and Roll Hotel: Rock and Roll Hotel is one of H Street's most popular and oldest live music venues. With over a decade in business, this spot hosts up-and-coming artists nearly every night of the week. The first floor of the hotel is the concert hall, and upstairs you'll find a bar and dance floor.
- Maketto: Maketto is a large community marketplace with shops, a cafe and other food options. The outdoor courtyard offers a nice place to sit and enjoy coffee or walk around. If you're looking for something more low-key, check out all that Maketto has to offer.
- The Escape Lounge: The Escape Lounge offers different escape rooms for your crew to work through. From the Oval Office to the classroom, this spot is sure to get your mind turning and survival instincts kicking on.
- H Street Country Club: If you're looking for some friendly competition, the H Street Country Club offers first-come, first-served arcade games and D.C.-themed mini golf. While you wait for your turn, enjoy tacos and margaritas on the roof deck.
- Biergarten Haus: If beer is your thing, head to Biergarten Haus, a beer garden that feels like Oktoberfest all the time. Featuring three outdoor bars, a roof deck and multiple indoor bars, there's plenty of space for your whole crew.
Many of D.C.'s main attractions offer some of the best photo opportunities and Instagrammable content. While much of D.C. is Instagram-worthy, here are a few popular photo and sightseeing spots:
- National Mall: The National Mall, often called America’s front yard, is home to numerous monuments and memorials, including the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol building, the Library of Congress and more. The entirety of this space makes for great Instagram photos.
- U.S. National Arboretum: If your party wants to spend some time in nature, consider exploring the National Arboretum. Here, you'll find the original Capitol Columns where they still stand, which makes for an Instagrammable photo-op.
- Tidal Basin: The Tidal Basin is the human-made reservoir in the National Mall. The Basin is stunning year-round, though it's especially picturesque in the spring when the cherry blossoms bloom. If your bachelorette party is in the spring, you'll want to brave the crowds to get some stunning photos here.
- Georgetown: As you explore D.C. and its surrounding neighborhoods, check out Georgetown. This iconic neighborhood is full of colorful storefronts, murals and waterfronts to capture your group's attention.
- National Gallery of Art: Located along the National Mall, the National Gallery of Art features artwork and sculptures that are sure to highlight your Instagram feed. One of the main attractions at the art gallery is the giant LED tunnel that travels from one side of the museum to the other.
Make a Reservation at Station 4 for Your Bachelorette
Whether you and your bachelorette crew want a sophisticated brunch or swanky dinner spot when in D.C., be sure to reserve a table at Station 4. Our dining atmosphere is fun and chic, and our knowledgeable staff can recommend fine wines and exquisite dishes. If you have a large crew or are interested in throwing a private party for the bride-to-be, contact us so we can work with you to create a memorable dining experience.